DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION 3rd MARCH
The Specialist Group on Assessment and Control of Hazardous Substances in Water (ACHSW) invites you to participate in the 10th Micropol & Ecohazard Conference 2017, to be held in Vienna from September 17-20, 2017. The conference is organised by the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU) in co-operation with the Technische Universität Wien (TU) and supported by the International Association of Water Supply Companies in the Danube River Catchment Area (IAWD).
After 20 years of scientific research in the field of micropollutants, in this conference we seek to compile the current knowledge on substances of emerging concern and their effects and encourage its implementation in the management. Therefore, we gather scientists, leading experts, decision makers and practitioners in the field of wastewater, drinking water and water reuse from all over the world to share the latest scientific development and expertise on engineering, operation and management but also environmental chemistry and eco-toxicology.
· Sources and fate of micropollutants
· Effect-based biological test systems
· Monitoring – methodology and strategies
· Removal strategies and source control
· Technical solutions and requirements for reuse of treated wastewater
· Technical and economical assessment of micropollutant removal at full-scale
· Prioritization and regulation of hazardous substances
· Implications for water suppliers and wastewater plant operators
· Risk communication
Submitting a paper gives you an opportunity to present your work to a global audience and also the opportunity of publication in a leading international peer-reviewed journal. Abstracts are due on March 3, 2017. For download the abstract template click here. For more information, please visit the website.